Multidisciplinary Management of Dyslipidemia
This supplement derives from the 2002 Medical Director Colloquy, a forum for interaction between decision makers in managed care and professionals from academic health centers, quality assurance organizations, and the business world. The second of two publications to address lipid treatment, this supplement provides an important update on managing patients with elevated cholesterol levels by examining advancements in care that minimize risk while maximizing outcomes. The insights provided by Steven E. Nissen, MD, in "Emerging Technologies in Coronary Artery Disease Assessment" is a profound elaboration of the emerging realization that medical science has misunderstood the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease for a half century. Further presentations and continuing education opportunities are available through "Transforming Dyslipidemia Management," the first Managed Care supplement from this meeting.
- Optimizing Behavior Change and Minimizing Risk
- Emerging Technologies in Coronary Artery Disease Assessment: Insights Provided by Intravascular Ultrasound
- Identifying Populations at Risk: Functional Impairment and Emotional Distress
- Improving Physician Adherence to Cholesterol Management Guidelines
- Will Health Promotion Save Money for Managed Care Organizations? A Decision Framework