How Can Medical Directors Have the Greatest Impact on Quality Improvement?
This supplement derives from the 2005 Medical Director Colloquy, an interactive forum between top medical managers and an expert faculty comprising medical and business professionals. Addressing the general issue of quality improvement, this supplement presents an argument supporting employers’ increased involvement in workplace health-promotion programs, use of quality-of-care indicators, and ways in which information technology can be used to obtain greater value from current U.S. health care expenditures.
- Digital Medicine and the Managed Care Medical Director
- A View of Preserved Systolic Function and the Approach to the Heart Failure Patient
- Multiple Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
- Evolving Perspectives on Disease Management
- Better Outcomes Through Health and Productivity Management
- Quality of Care: Where Do We Go From Here?