The Future of Medicare: A Discussion Forum About Medicare Reform and Growth
As the largest single payer for health care, Medicare has strong influence on care delivery and payment. Yet, the program faces critical challenges in such areas as administration, funding, benefit design, and demographics. In a lively discussion forum moderated by Samuel O. Thier, MD, the three previous administrators of the Health Care Financing Administration — Gail R. Wilensky, PhD, Bruce C. Vladeck, PhD, and Nancy-Ann DeParle, JD — offer insights into how Medicare can meet these challenges.
- A Case for Comprehensive Support for the Elderly
- Time To Bring Medicare Into the 21st Century
- If We Keep Medicare, Who Pays the Bills?
- What Medicare Should Look Like in 2010
- Roundtable Discussion: Medicare: An Evolution Nearing Revolution?