The Changing Landscape of Healthcare
Health care was one of the major themes of the 2000 presidential election season. The presentations at the 13th Annual Managed Healthcare Symposium, just prior to the 2000 election, capsulated the political, economic, and social implications of the health care issues that the current administration in Washington now faces and that are still relevant as the 2004 elections approach. These presentations, adapted for this supplement, include discussions of consumer expectations, the uninsured, Medicare reform, employer concerns, and a frank keynote debate between Paul Begala and Robert Novak. The important issues discussed in this supplement will be of interest to health plan medical and pharmacy directors, pharmacists, pharmacy benefit managers, employers, and quality assurance experts.
- The Presidential Election and Its Effect on Health Care (Begala/Novak)
- The Employer’s View of Health Care
- Health Care in the Information Age
- Issues That Will Determine Health Care’s Future
- Panel Discussion: Solutions to Health Care Issues
- Special motivational presentation: Humor, Risk, and Change